About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
www.joeytichenor.com

Blog Archive

Monday, May 24, 2010

Nates Airport Adventure






I love to spend time with my son Nathan and nothing is more fun for the both of us than a trip to the local airport. I love how everything is so new & amazing to him. I learned from my son to see the world like a child rather than being constrained to the frame of the camera & owe a great deal of gratitude to him for posing for endless lighting tests.
This adventure was just a pure, spur of the moment, mom wants us outta the house for some rare peace and quite kinda trip. I took along my Profoto, Vagabond & 5D MKII for a little photo fun. I use a rolling stand so it's pretty easy to go from set up to set up & change the light around to fit the scene. For modifiers I use a small 2x3 softbox and a 60 inch umbrella-K.I.S.S. I set up these shots (the lit ones) mostly between f16-f22 to overpower the sun by a stop or two depending on what felt right. Editing was done with CS4 & Totally Rad Actions. Nate just climbed around and had a blast while I set up and played with him.
Lighting is easy, really. Think of it more like sound and it will rock your world:)

No comments: