About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
www.joeytichenor.com

Blog Archive

Monday, March 28, 2011

Chris Ahalt Glass




My good friend Chris Ahalt, who also happens to be a master glass artist recently hit me up to create this fun new series of images. Chris and I go way back and he's always been one to challenge my skills with new subjects. You see, in all my assignments, jobs & B.S. shoots over the past few years I've had little opportunity to try my hand shooting products or table top set ups. Especially reflective nightmares like glass. For this shoot I set up the table with two big white fill cards to the rear that were flagged off to the camera. The lights were simple Canon 580EXII's that were rigged with PW radios. I set the power on both to 1/1 so I could shoot f8-f11 at iso 100 on my Nikon D700 with 85mm 1.4D. For the portraits I used my Profoto/580EXII set up with a strip light. Check out more of Chris Ahalt's work here.....

1 comment:

Darius said...

Wait, did you say tabletop? And did I hear Nikon? Oh-hoh-HO! Looking good bro.