About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
www.joeytichenor.com

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Nick & Joey's Excellent Adventure





Sometimes, the best shoots just happen without much planning. Here is a perfect example of that with my new friend Nick Anthony. Nick is a professional comedian, magician, actor, screenwriter and alum of 2007 season of Last Comic Standing. Nick and I met thru a mutual friend I photographed earlier this year for the show AMAZED at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas.

We had planned on meeting up to discuss ideas and see what we could work out. Nick keeps a busy schedule and travels often, cutting into our ability to work together. As we were speaking, I noticed how dope the sunset was looking when it hit me that we could just shoot now & let the rest evolve along the way. With the hamster wheel spinning & time running low, we choose our local municipal airport as a setting and hit the road.

Our efforts lasted only about 40 minuted until the light was just too dim to work outside anymore. I don't think I looked at one shot until we got into the car. Since it was going to be a moth before we could work again we headed out to my studio to shoot some portraits on a high key setup for knock outs and general promo images. All this from a "pre-production" meeting.
Be sure to check out Nick Anthony website. See him in Las Vegas in the show "AMAZED" and in his short film "The Nihilist"

No comments: