About Me

My photo
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
www.joeytichenor.com

Blog Archive

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Revenge of the Avenger



I am so unbelievably stoked for this Saturday, it's like I'm 10 years old on christmas morning. One of my long time associates set me up with a friend of his to shoot pictures of his "toy". His "toy" being a 1945 TBM-3E Avenger dive bomber. Yeah, thats right all you yuppies with Vets, Vipers and Harleys- this is a real midlife machine, and it's got a .50 cal ready to go...

The owner, Brad Deckert acquired the plane in 2008 from the Fargo Air Museum and relocated it to Eureka, Il. He spends his summer showing this prime example at many Airshows & has done some great work to keep this beauty flight ready. And now, I get the awesome opportunity to shoot it and go for a ride. Life is peachy........

No comments: